Saturday 11 June 2011

Project 1 - Shape

My toy is a basic legoman. It looks relatively simple at first glance. But upon further observation, I found out that I might have difficulty modeling some parts which are quite complicated, such as the arms and legs. The rest of the toy is made up of simple shapes.

For primitive shapes to start with, I will most probably use cylinders for the head, shoulder, hands and lower body and cubes for the upper body and feet. As for the arms and legs, I will probably use extrusion on the shoulders and lower body respectively.

I think I will be using alot of extrusion, as well as and boolean differences, for the hands and head. As for the surface, it is smooth without any bumps. The edges of the body and legs are also sharp, which means there is no beveling needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment