Sunday 15 May 2011

Washboard


Process: 


I started by creating a board-like shape with many subdivisions from a cube to form the glass. I proceeded to beveling and extruding the subdivisions to achieve the above image. I then beveled the new form edges once more to get a more natural look.


I then created more cuboids to form the panel, header, stringers and legs. By using the align and move tool, I aligned the objects to form the washboard as seen above.


Lastly, I beveled the edges to finish it up.

Reflection: 

Modeling the washboard is definitely much easier than modeling a bucket. This is probably becasue the polygons used in creating a washboard are all formed with cubes, which is the simplest to work with. The instructions given were also clear and the functions were familiar to work with, such as beveling and extruding.
However, I still had slight problems figuring out how to use the align tool, but I got it in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment