Friday 5 August 2011

Project 2 - Scenario 1

Character:

Otis is a robot that resembles the modern day crane. Otis' daily routine is to lift and stack green boxes all day. It's a tiring job for Otis and there is no other robots around to keep him company. Otis feels that his job is extremely boring as it is repetitive as nothing interesting every happens.

One day, when Otis is doing his same old job as usual, something interesting came along! Instead of the usual dull green boxes, a red box appeared infront of him, catching him by surprise. Awestruck and confused at the same time, Otis scrutinized the box carefully, zooming in and out, circling it. He then realized that it was just a misplaced box, nothing special. Disappointed, he lifted the red box only to realize its heavy weight. With all his strength, he hauled it up and tossed it aside.

"Sigh, back to business I guess." Otis thought to himself and continued his routine.

 
Storyboard:


My thoughts:
This project requires to think of a background story to accompany our animation. The coming up of a storyboard is an important milestone as planning is crucial in an animation. For the storyboard, I drew a few drafts beforehand to determine which frames are relevant and to have a rough estimation of how many frames I needed. I feel that storyboarding is rather repetitive, but I am glad to say that I completed a storyboard which is comprehendable(I hope).

No comments:

Post a Comment